That night…
The night of thousand stars and two lovebirds,
To narrate my heart spurs, though understating’ll be my words.
Can’t start anywhere, than telling of my ultimate love,
I was lucky there, to wed cathy realy fated luck I have,
Beauty, smartness; to be fair, a few of what was endowed from above,
And now that she is solely not for share, I paint her ‘angelic’ and give her “shavu”…
Yes that day glowed, but she glowed better,
The wines, beers and champagne flowed, but she was my movie theatre,
The love seed that long ago we sowed, we at last did fetter,
Happiness, joy and delight we towed, as air of love filled meter by meter…
She was an angel, a grace; if it was a duty I would forever love her,
Lighting the party wit her pretty face, I, her fireman couldn’t be far,
Her beauty which keeps my heart at high a pace, a cost I humbly incur,
That day she was my case, and my love submissions I presented to the bar…
I was happy and flying, coz my princess I just married,
In history books ink was drying, that to Mbiro’s island Kate’s been ferried,
There is no denying, that the day lotsa love feelings it carried,
I’d be lying, if I’d say a helluva insecurity that day wasn’t buried….
I smiled a thousand smiles, and cracked countless laughters,
In heaven d day filled a number of files, cause impressed surely were d lovecrafters,
Friends who went thousand extra miles, to clear our ways and easen the tough ties,
My gratitude is mounting in piles, as my friends became my fear captors….
To shift the attention I must, and acknowledge the wedding function,
With joy I nearly did burst, seeing the party in satisfaction,
Shining friends and family cast, filled the party in every fraction,
Though now it seems a thing of the past, a “thank you” I must sanction….
Everbody looked utterly good, and completed the cycle of stars,
It helped the spirited mood, to see most taking part in dance wars,
I know I loved the food, and wish I had carried some ‘take-away’ jars,
And if the Tux had a hood, could have stuffed some beers to heal the thirst scars….
In short, of the party I loved every bit, and burned everything to the brain,
It was quite a memorable feat, and it came worthy of every past pain,
Though afterwards everyone was beat, none regretted the fun-tain,
My lovely friends again we’ll meet, and my gratitudes will shower you like rain…
You all were amazing, in making the day a success it was,
Till now greener air we’re grazing, coz your graces unemptied the hose,
Our love is everblazing, and as Aretha said “It will always be a rose”,
…. It’s sheerly crazing, that you all gave this marriage a fair life doze…
I must halt and give it a stop, but again a million thanks from Mr&Mrs Mbiro,
A love sea, each of you a worthy drop, to us each our true hero,
Without you it could’ve been a flop, but you made us an “A” instead of a zero,
You elevated us atop, took us to this love farm all harvest still-raw….
We love you a lot, each and every one of you,
Names we can’t sort, but the Lord’s graces I know will get through,
The ball has left our court, and to many has fallen in yours too,
In love we will always stay afloat, and to each other always be true…
You were the thousand stars, us the two birds
You bared us only happy scars, rested us in calming shades,
Be assured this couple always spars, to make sure the love never fades,
Thanks a bunch.
By, Kheri Mbiro.. © 2011, September 20th.
No comments:
Post a Comment