We are used to having our eggplants in meat. It becomes monotonous having to eat them when they are in the stews, they don't give the taste as it's supposed to be. You end up loosing the stew's taste as well as the eggplant's taste.
We end up loosing the nutrients when the eggplants are boiled for too long.
So, here is a recipe that will ensure you have all the nutrients, more tasty and not monotonous than what we are used to. Give it a try, its incredible.
1 cup peas
2 big Eggplants(biringanya)
3 Cups water
1 ½ Big Onion
1 Big Tomato
1 teaspoon Tomato Paste
¼ cup Cooking Oil
½ teaspooon Tumeric
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
5 Peppercorns (Optional)
Dhania/Coriander
Procedure
In a pan bring the peas to boil till soft.
Cut the 'biringanyas' in small pieces and set aside.
In another saucepan, fry the cumin and turmeric. Add the onions and stir fry till translucent before adding the tomatoes. Let them simmer for several minutes till soft then add the salt and tomato paste.
Add in the biringanyas, stir to avoid them sticking on the saucepan. Let them simmer till soft then add the boiled peas with very little water.
Crush fresh peppercorns( optional) just before you remove it from the heat.
Garnish with dhania.
Serve hot with rice or chapati.
Yummy, at least now no I get to change the taste. I also prefer A BIT OF Garlic in almost everything I cook i hope it wont ruin the taste
ReplyDeleteGarlic is all good, i do too. It's just that of late people don't seem to like it much, but it's good and healthy. Did you know it helps with high blood pressure and cold?- Garlic
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know Iv been doing some reading and onions and garlic are highly reccomended. I like the smell lolz. Iv never been a fun of peas but v got to try this
ReplyDeleteKaribu mama... I like the smell and the taste, napenda sana vitunguu vingi. lol
ReplyDelete