Monday, 19 September 2011

Bayimba International Festival


Bayimba International Festival was something to die for. It was great and well attended.
I personally went there on Sunday, the last day of the event but wished I could have been there from the beginning of the event.

It was so much fun and that's just an understatement. The art there was amazing, the creativity in the art was awesome. Different people from different regions coming together for one common goal, experiencing art.

The main stage for the performances was an exquisite creation, thanks to one Acaye Pamela. Who thought baskets, mats and beads could be used for something else other than the kitchen, the floor and to be worn respectively? Well she managed to decorate the most beautiful back stage drop I've ever seen.

The movies, dances, the fashion run ways, the orchestra and the rest of the live performances were fabulous. I cant exhaust everything that took place there, but just know it was the bomb! It exploded!lol. Make sure you don't miss it next time...

By Vicky Mwakoyo © 2011

2 comments:

  1. My cousin Risley put this up on his profile...finally a blog I can interact on and relate to!!! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'mhappy you are impressed. You can post something on the community answers option. Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete