I’ve been told I love too much, maybe a little naive sometimes,
some even go ahead and call me gullible but what is the opposite of love
supposed to do hanging around me?
I know some of y’all relate… #unfortunately. So, this is how
I feel: I love because my heart is full of it, I love because its peaceful, I
love because its full of joy, I love because it’s good to love.
I love you I say
I love you they say
I believe in them wholly
They can’t be lying, no way
So, I give in, I invest, I love whole heartedly. It hurts
when we fight, it hurts when it’s over, it hurts when they leave.
Guard your heart they say
Don’t be too available they say
How do I do this I wonder
I cry myself to sleep and no one seems to bother
I become heartless, I build walls around me and my heart, I become
stone cold, I give fake smiles, I shut down everyone.
Is it worth it? I ask myself
Will it heal me? I ask myself
You are your choices I tell myself
Smile, it’s your life, it’s your heart, it’s your body and
soul. Why you gotta let them control it?
I wash my face, I get up from my misery, I look at myself in
the mirror. I’m a beautiful woman, I’m created in the image of the Almighty.
You are beautiful, every woman is beautiful, you deserve to be happy, every
woman deserves to be happy for every woman is a queen. Do you realize your
worth?
You are a gem I tell you
You are rare I tell you
You are a queen, so pure
You are phenomenal that’s for sure
Don’t be broken because you believed
Be happy because you learned
Let it make you stronger so that you can be the best you
Love God and you first then be with those that will keep on
choosing you
Vee Mwakoyo 26.09.2017

No comments:
Post a Comment