Tuesday, 20 March 2018

TIME BOMB


They say, one thing about broken clocks you can always tell exactly when they stop ticking.
With people, it isn’t so easy and sometimes.... you can’t even tell they are broken!
I do not know what’s going on
I do not know what we are getting on
Fights
Arguments
Stone cold
Being bold
I carried him in my heart, I walked with him in my spirit and each time I didn’t hear from him I felt uneasy and this is how I knew I loved him!
My joy turned to sadness 
My sorrow was once happiness
He was my hope
He lifted me up 
I do not recognize him anymore
Where is the man I used to adore
Where is the man who balanced my equation
Where is the man who showed me his dedication
There is a stranger on the other end of the line 
A stranger who once together we used to dine 
We might not have a lot of memories
Each memory was special and full of bliss
I called him my lion king, his highness
He called me his wifey, his lioness 
I could have been his b!+(h
Now I know why and it wasn’t a fall in the ditch
He is a stranger alright
A stranger who was once a tenant in my heart
Do I blame it on him
Do I blame it on me
Do I blame it on us
Do I blame it on the distance
Do I blame it on greed
Do I blame it on love
Does love exist 
Is love at the exit
My heart bleeds 
A sharp pain in my heart it cuts across 
Do I share it
Do I bottle it up
Paper is my confidante 
Pen is my friend 
I’m getting stronger
It scares me coz I will care no longer
I will no longer love
I will no longer strive
I know I will live
I know I will survive 

Vicky Mwakoyo, November 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment