Wednesday, 14 December 2011

13 years…reunion

She jumped upon me
Loud screams getting out of her mouth
I was baffled, standing there…I was speechless
She was amused and so happy it made me happy

The look in her eyes was refreshing
She went around and about her living room
Looking at her it reminded me of the old times
“I got my best friend back” I said to myself

I couldn’t stop hugging her
Just like old times, nothing seemed to have changed
It felt like I had just gone on a trip and back
My heart melted with joy and I believe hers did as well

It was one of the best times I’ve ever had
Spending that one week with her was amazing
You don’t know a true friend until you spend time with them
With her, she was more than a true friend and I felt like I belonged

My joy was unexplainable
My happiness immeasurable
The love we felt unlimited
It felt so good to have each other back

I could write a million papers just to explain what I feel for her
…I can also summarize it to three words ‘I love her’
I’ll forever cherish her, keep her in my heart
…coz she is a friend indeed.

By Vicky Mwakoyo © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment